[Mediawiki-l] ParserBeforeStrip

Schwarzen Schafe schwarzenschafe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 09:55:46 UTC 2006

I'm somewhat new to mediawiki, hopefully someone can give me advice on
how to best change the way wikitext is parsed. I'd like to add a couple
things, like some [cust]custom BBCode[/cust] my forum users want. From
what I've read of the docs I should use the 'ParserBeforeStrip' hook,
but it doesn't work for me:

function testHook(&$parser, &$text, &$strip_state) {
	$text = "HEY! YOU'D NOTICE THIS RIGHT?!";
}
$wgHooks['ParserBeforeStrip'][] = 'testHook';

You can see what I think that should do, I hope. In reality it does
nothing at all, all articles are parsed the same way as without the
hook. Help?

SS