[Mediawiki-l] page abstract delimiter

Dan Davis hokie99cpe+wiki at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 14:35:14 UTC 2006

On 11/12/06, f-x.p <f-x.p at laposte.net> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure I've seen somewhere that mediawiki allows a delimiter to
> be placed at the beginning of a page to split the resume of the page
> from the page itself.

Do you mean like on this page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki) where
there is text above the table of contents?

If so, it's simply a matter of placing text at the top of the page before
you use any headings. And I know of no way to have that text include on the
default category listing. But you could wrap that text with <onlyinclude>
</onlyinclude> and then transclude the page on another page...

     [[PageName1]] - {{:PageName1}}

     [[PageName2]] - {{:PageName2}}

Dan