[Mediawiki-l] MW Hooks - Interrupting a "Move"

Eric K ek79501 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 05:51:36 UTC 2006

I'm making an extension for Edit Throttling which a lot of you would probably want when I'm done with it (so please, help me, hehe - I'm serious, this is a much wanted extension).
  I'm trying to intercept when a logged-in user tries to Move a page. I've tried and am not able to do this. The present hook "TitleMoveComplete" 'occurs whenever a request to move an article is completed'. I'm looking for a hook that runs _before_ a move is made. The hook "Usercan" doesnt interrupt a move.

  Any idea on how to go about this? I have to to find a way for monitor the move actions of Vandals. For example, if a user registers in a wiki newly, and starts moving 5 pages in 60 seconds, they should be blocked. This is part of what I'm trying to accomplish.

  I have gotten the Edit part right. It stops the edits nicely (the hook I used there is "ArticleSave" and it works great).
  Any help would be much appreciated as I'm practically on a dead-end now and ofcourse, do not want to have to edit the MW core code.

  thanks
  Eric