[Mediawiki-l] Categories List

Hugh Prior mediawiki at localpin.com
Fri Nov 10 17:39:56 UTC 2006

Laith,

I don't quite understand what you want, but some of the ways I have made the
"home page" more interesting is
simply by including some of the "Special" pages which are likely to change,
e.g.
* {{Special:Newimages}} which gives me an ever changing gallery of photos.
See, for example, page
http://treekee.com/tervuren/en/wiki/Main_Page for an example of this idea

* {{Special:Newpages}} to show all the recently added pages
http://treekee.com/tervuren/en/w/index.php?title=Main_Page&oldid=2365

I'm sure these things could be made to be subsections in a more elegant way,
but this was enough for what I needed.

Hugh

"Laith Yousif" <lnyousif at gmail.com> wrote in
message news:be0986840611091906m547da4adjbb7036f1f229c9a2 at mail.gmail.com...