[Mediawiki-l] remove prefix in title

CoyoteTrexl at aol.com CoyoteTrexl at aol.com
Fri Nov 10 01:15:45 UTC 2006

In a message dated 11/9/2006 9:05:18 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
fernandoacorreia at gmail.com writes:

I don't  know if it can be removed from the page titles. It is an important
part of  the information about the page (its namespace).
....in some applications

I doubt if florian would have asked the question if removing it were not
more important than keeping it in florian's application. I've also found it to
be an intrusive and unnecessary inclusion for some circumstances.

Of course it can be removed. One approach would involve working back  through
the code to find where it is created, but a more straightforward  approach
will probably be to search for the semicolon in 'pagetitle' then delete
everything before the colon. I can probably put this on my list to work out  because
I want to get rid of those often unnecessarily visible vestiges of the
software architecture, but I will probably be a few days before i find  time to look
into it. If nothing else works out, I'll try to get to it  and post a result
then.

But you can remove it from links in pages, like  this:

[[Special:Newpages|What's  new...]]