[Mediawiki-l] No Images

Kasimir Gabert kasimir.g at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 02:20:44 UTC 2006

Hello Raquel,

This looks like a permission issue.  If you do not tar something with
permissions in mind, it will not save the permissions.  Try chmod -R
0666 the image folder, or be sure to chown -R www-data.www-data the
image folder (if your web browser is www-data).  This should get it to
work.

I hope that this helps,
Kasimir Gabert

On 11/8/06, Raquel <raquel at thericehouse.net> wrote:
> This seems really easy, but I just can't make it work.
>
> This is two linux servers:
> Server A and server B are each running Apache and PHP4.
> On server A, I tarred the wiki installation and, using phpmyadmin,
> exported the database.
> On server B, I untarred the wiki installation and, using MySql,
> created the database, tables and data.
>
> Everything seems to be fine except for one thing, images.  On server
> B, the images do not show up.  I go through the process of importing
> them but they don't show up.  Going to the directory created, I can
> see that the image is in the filesystem.
>
> Any ideas what may be going on?  As far as I know, Apache and PHP4
> are configured the same.
>
> --
> Raquel

Kasimir Gabert