[Mediawiki-l] Problems with MediaWiki on Windows with Apache :-(

Fernando Correia fernandoacorreia at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 20:26:22 UTC 2006

I also had very similar problems with e-mail and change notifications on
Windows, but I was able to sort them out.

I use the PEAR method to send e-mails.

I have some configurations like these:

$wgEnableEmail      = true;
$wgEnableUserEmail  = true;
$wgEmergencyContact = "xxx <xxx at host>";
$wgPasswordSender = $wgEmergencyContact;
$wgSMTP = array(
 'host'     => "xxx.com.br",
 'IDHost'   => "xxx.com.br",
 'port'     => 25,
 'auth'     => false,
);

This line,  'auth'     => false, was important. Although our mail server
requires SMTP authentication, it was configure to not use it for the server
IP. If the parameter was true, even with a valid username and password, I'd
get email errors.

I think other important parameters are:

$wgEnotifUserTalk = true; # UPO
$wgEnotifWatchlist = true; # UPO

I'm new to MediaWiki so I think I can't help you very much. All I can say is
that it works for me...