[Mediawiki-l] Pages empty after installation

Florian Knorn florian at knorn.org
Tue Nov 7 08:37:24 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I'm all new to MediaWiki, so please forgive any possible major stupidities.

After installing MediaWiki (all went well, it's running "nicely", at
least without any error messages or the like).

However, all "special" pages, such as Userlogin or Specialpages are
empty, that is "(There is currently no text in this page....".

What am I doing wrong? I followed the installation guide, and it says as
the next step to log in into the wiki, but I can't as the corresponding
page is empty!

Your help is greatly appreciated,

best regards from Berlin, Germany,

Florian