[Mediawiki-l] robots.txt

Patricia Barden webmaster at prwatch.org
Mon Nov 6 21:23:00 UTC 2006

Hello all:

I was interested in this exchange since I've never really been
absolutely sure how to do this:

 > But in the interest of short URLs, I serve my MediaWiki directly from
 > site / without any /wiki/ or /w/ directories. So above meathod would
 > not work on my installation.
 >
 > Any ideas how I can exclude robots from crawling all my wiki's edit,
 > history, talk, etc, pages *without* excluding its article pages?

Excluding index.php using robots.txt should work if an article link on
your page is http://mysite.tld/My_Page.

So, what do you do if  the wiki is in the root directory and not a
subdir and you're using ugly URLs?

Thanks,

~Tricia
webmaster at prwatch.org