[Mediawiki-l] Namespaces v Categories

Tim Ware tim at hyperarts.com
Mon Nov 6 01:57:52 UTC 2006

Thanks, This was all very clear. Now that I've created the namespace
"ATD", I assume I can go to pages named, say, "ATD_-_A" and move/
rename them to "ATD:A" which will put that page in the namespace ATD,
yes? I did this, but the title of the page now shows "ATD:A", that
is, it shows the namespace and the page name. Is there a way not to
show the namespace in the main header?

Also, I created a namespace "Jack" and made it not searchable, in
LocalSettings.php, but when I search for a file called "create" which
I had created in the main namespace but moved to "Tim:create", it
still turns up in the search even though I made searching that
namespace "false". Maybe I have to quit the browser or something?