[Mediawiki-l] Images with accented characters

Fernando Correia fernandoacorreia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 13:40:05 UTC 2006

I have MediaWiki installed and working on a Windows Server.

But I have a problem with images that have accented characters in the name.

This is what happens:
1. I upload a image with a special character, like: façade.gif
2. MediaWiki assumes this name: Façade.gif
3. In the file system, it is saved as: Façade.gif
4. In MediaWiki, in the details page for the image, the link is:
http://pegasus/wiki/uploads/c/c1/Fa%C3%A7ade.gif
5. When I follow this link, I get HTTP Error 404

For images with only ASCII characters in the name, there is no problem.

Although I searched a lot, I couldn't find any information or post about
this.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!