[Mediawiki-l] Creating second wiki in same database

Tom Brown brown at esteem.com
Wed Nov 1 19:42:35 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am using the latest mediawiki with a postgresql backend. If I have an
existing wiki in the db and want to create a second one, how do I go about
doing that? I was told to specifiy a different table prefix in the web setup.
However, I do not see a place to enter a table prefix. I do see a place to
specify different schemas. So, do I just make sure the schema names are
different for each wiki?

I also did something stupid. I created a first wiki and filled it out with
lots of pages. Then I thought I'd create a second wiki. I set the tsearch
schema to 'public' which was the same schema the first wiki used. This must
have overwritten the tables in public. Now I can't access the first wiki. Any
ideas on what I can do to access the first wiki? Or, do I need to recreate
the first wiki?

Thanks,
Tom