[Mediawiki-l] Installation help!!!!!!!

Justin Morgan JMorgan at d2hawkeye.com
Thu Nov 2 14:31:22 UTC 2006

>I am rather new to this.... now, I got my wiki installed, but when I
try
>accessing it as http://<servername> I get the following page. Can
anyone
>throw some light on this please?

>(contents of LocalSettings.php follow)

Looks like your web server is treating php files as text instead of
executing them as code.  Create a test file called phpinfo.php and put
into it the following:

<?
phpinfo();
?>

Then open your web browser and navigate to it (something like
http://<servername>/phpinfo.php

You should see a lot of interesting information about your server setup.
If you just see the 3 lines of text that you pasted into the file, the
server isn't executing php files.  That is where you should concentrate
your debugging.

-Justin

PRIVACY NOTICE

This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. Use of the information contained in this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this email.