[Mediawiki-l] Installation help!!!!!!!

Sindhu.Subramaniam at iflexsolutions.com Sindhu.Subramaniam at iflexsolutions.com
Thu Nov 2 11:33:13 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am trying a new wiki installation. I plan to use MediaWiki 1.8.2,
MySQL 5.0.27 and PHP 5.1.6. I have tried the installation over 5 times
but I keep getting some error or the other. The first time, I got the
error at the last stage while I was told to configure the wiki. I got an
error that said Type InnoDB .... TEXT/ BLOB.... the parameter
user_password cannot have the default value. I even tried the workaround
of changing the tinyblob NOT NULL default " , parameter to tinyblob NOT
NULL and so on, as was suggested on some forums. But the problem
persisted. Since I was on a test setup, I formatted my server and now, I
have tried a fresh installation and now I get an error that says that
the PHP 5.1.6 cannot find an appropriate SQL driver.

Can someone help me here please? I have been working on this for a long
time, with no breakthroughs whatsoever!!!!!

Best regards,
Sindhu Subramaniam