[Mediawiki-l] Email setup

Andrew Lowe andrew.lowe at quantm.net
Tue May 30 22:58:35 UTC 2006

My setup is as follows:

1) Yes you do need the PEAR thing. I'm running Gentoo so it was a simple
"emerge PEAR-Net_SMTP", and everything just dropped into the right
place.

2) My $wgSMTP is as follows:

	$wgSMTP = array {
			"host" => 'myMailServer',
			"IDHost" => 'mycompany.com',
			"port" => "25",
			"auth" => false
	};

In my situation I have a Linux machine running within a Windows network.
The mail server is a Microsoft mail server, myMailServer - the names
have been changed to protect the innocent, so I just pointed wgSMTP at
it. I don't need to log in to send email hence "auth" is false. If you
do need to log in then you have to provide a user name and password.

3) That's it.

	Regards,
		Andrew Lowe