[Mediawiki-l] collation latin1_bin

a@kid a at kid632.org
Fri May 26 19:54:19 UTC 2006

Is it normal for the collation of the page_title and page_touched
fields in the page table to be set to  latin1_bin while there is no
collation set for any of the other fields?

I'm asking because it seems to be preventing me from using CONCAT()
in a mysql query on a custom special page (although it's very likely
that my limited knowledge of mysql is actually the problem ;)

i'm getting the following mysql error message:
#1267 - Illegal mix of collations (latin1_bin,IMPLICIT) and
(utf8_unicode_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation 'like'

thanks