[Mediawiki-l] Partial export and integration into another Wiki? (incl. pics!)

Christian Hammers ch at westend.com
Fri May 26 16:33:51 UTC 2006

Hello

Is there a possibility to export only a subset of a Mediawiki
to integrate i.e. add it into another, already existing, Mediawiki?

I tried maintenance/dumpBackup.php and the SpecialPages export but
both
 a) did not dump pics and other media content like PDF pages
 b) put <id> tags into the XML output. I guess I could replace
    those automatically for User-Ids as those are few here or even
    neglible and replace them with 0 for the page ids as they seem
    to get a new id during import then.
 c) put a special header at the top of the XML file which though can
    be deleted without giving erros on the import.

Do you have suggestions how to do this the right way?

thanks,

-christian-