[Mediawiki-l] Can you install MediaWiki 1.6 on your own network??

Hans Voss hans.voss at gmail.com
Wed May 24 14:48:41 UTC 2006

Bekki, yes this is possible. It is even possible to set it up just on your
own machine.

There are two approaches to this:
1) Tell the Apache webserver to only listen to IP adresses on the LAN (mysql
should only listen to the apache server anyway)
2) Use a firewall to block access to the wiki to anyone outside the lan.

(oh, and (3), combine both).

This is not a wiki issue but a Apache or network configuration issue.

On 5/24/06, Bekki Janssen <bekki.janssen6 at merseymail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
> I run a small LAN at home with Windows XP - is it possible to install
> MediaWiki on your own network??
>
> Also, how do you set it up so only your LAN can see the wiki, and not the
> web??
>
> Thanks,
> Bekki

----
Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards
Hans Voss