[Mediawiki-l] Download Mediawiki from SVN

Brian Carpenter hopespoppa at gmail.com
Tue May 23 16:05:32 UTC 2006

I'm still struggling with SVN concepts and want to make sure upgrades
can be handled well before taking this wiki to 'production'...

Could someone answer a few questions, or better yet add some info to the article
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download_from_SVN

1) Is a repository required on my server, or is MW just download from
an SVN repository?
2) If a repository is to be created on my server, what is a good
folder structure? Right now MW is on c:\wiki\MediaWiki\MediaWiki
1.6.3.  Should the SVNRepository folder be created under c:\wiki?
3) Once SVN (and maybe a repository) is setup and MW downloaded, how
are existing modifications to localsettings.php, any added extensions
in /extensions and any peer folders, such as wiki/SSOLogin
incorporated?

This is related to an earlier 'TortoiseSVN' post but the same
questions applie for  SVN Commandline too.,

Any help would be appreciated,
Brian