[Mediawiki-l] Creating an extension to replace a function...

Elliott F.Cable ecable at avxw.com
Mon May 22 23:13:29 UTC 2006

Let's say I want to change the function wfReportTime() to not comment
out the time, so I can place it somewhere relevant in the skin - but
I don't want to modify any files in the /includes/ folder so I can
easily upgrade things in the future. How, exactly, would I write an
extension that I can just drop in the extensions folder to replace an
existing function with my own version? Just so you know, you are
talking to pretty much a PHP noob.