[Mediawiki-l] Problem upgrading to MediaWiki 1.6.5 - 'job' table SQL

James pickoo at gmail.com
Mon May 22 22:50:38 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've come across a problem when upgrading my wiki from 1.5.4...

Not having commandline php on this machine I resorted to running the web-based
setup script again however, when updating the database, the following error
appears:

-----------------------
PHP 5.0.5-pl3-gentoo installed
PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs (index.php/Page_Title)
Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
Neither Turck MMCache nor eAccelerator are installed, can't use object caching
functions
Found GNU diff3: /usr/bin/diff3.
Found ImageMagick: /usr/bin/convert; image thumbnailing will be enabled if you
enable uploads.
Found GD graphics library built-in.
Installation directory: /home/james/public_html/wiki
Script URI path: /wiki
Environment checked. You can install MediaWiki.
Generating configuration file...
Database type: mysql
Attempting to connect to database server as piku...success.
Connected to 5.0.16-log
Database piku exists
There are already MediaWiki tables in this database. Checking if updates are
needed...
...hitcounter table already exists.
...querycache table already exists.
...objectcache table already exists.
...categorylinks table already exists.
...logging table already exists.
...validate table already exists.
...user_newtalk table already exists.
...transcache table already exists.
...trackbacks table already exists.
...externallinks table already exists.
Creating job table...Query "CREATE TABLE `mw_job` (
 job_id int(9) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
 job_cmd varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
 job_namespace int NOT NULL,
 job_title varchar(255) binary NOT NULL,
 job_params blob NOT NULL default '',
 PRIMARY KEY job_id (job_id),
 KEY (job_cmd, job_namespace, job_title)
 ) TYPE=InnoDB
" failed with error code "Specified key was too long; max key length is 1024
bytes (localhost)".

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks.

--