[Mediawiki-l] Default text for a new category

Dan Davis hokie99cpe+wiki at gmail.com
Mon May 22 17:59:52 UTC 2006

On 5/8/06, Dan Davis <hokie99cpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The latter is the easier option and involves a quick patch to
> > OutputPage.php. Find the addCategoryLinks function, circa line 220 and
> > look for the line
> >
> > $this->mCategoryLinks[] = $sk->makeLinkObj( $title, $text );
> >
> > Replace this with
> >
> > $this->mCategoryLinks[] = $sk->makeKnownLinkObj( $title, $text );

Is there a similar change that can be performed to change this
behavior for normal links as well?

Personally, I'd link to see blue links for known articles and red
links for unknown articles, but with both links pointing to the
article rather than unknown links pointing to the edit page.

Is this possible without too much hacking of the code?

Dan