[Mediawiki-l] Default text for a new category

Luis Mandel luismandel at gmail.com
Mon May 22 07:18:55 UTC 2006

Hi again Rob!
I've followed your advice for having "known links" for Categories.
Following your advice I did the this:

>The latter is the easier option and involves a quick patch to
>OutputPage.php. Find the addCategoryLinks function, circa line 220 and
>look for the line
>$this->mCategoryLinks[] = $sk->makeLinkObj( $title, $text );
>Replace this with
>$this->mCategoryLinks[] = $sk->makeKnownLinkObj( $title, $text );

This works for the footer of each page but not for links of the form:

[[Category:myCategory]]

Do you know how to patch MW for having the same behaviour at every category
link?

Thanks in advance,

Luis