[Mediawiki-l] pkg_added MediaWiki to FreeBSD server, what next?

Matt datahead4 at gmail.com
Sun May 21 19:36:50 UTC 2006

If you've installed everything with the ports defaults, the MediaWiki
files will end up in /usr/local/www/data-dist/mediawiki.  If this
directory is outside of your web root (which it will be if you are
using Apache 2.2.x installed from ports) you can do something like
move manually into the directory of your choice within your web root
or add an Alias directive into the Apache configuration to point to
the installed directory.

There are also ways to force the port to install MediaWiki into your
directory of choice.  For example, you can define the environment
variable "MEDIAWIKIDIR" and set it to your desired install directory
before doing the "make" on the port.  If you do that, make sure to
update your pkgtools.conf file as well so the system remembers where
the files are installed when you do a future portupgrade.

Matt