[Mediawiki-l] pkg_added MediaWiki to FreeBSD server, what next?

Ken McDonald ken at pixologic.com
Sat May 20 20:11:56 UTC 2006

The pkg_add worked with minor discrepancies (some of the software
versions installed were slightly newer than the ones required by the
packages), but I'll assume for the time being that won't cause problems;
if it does, I'll just do a full "make".

But what do I do next? Presumably I have to get php/config/etc files
into my web server directory, somewhat as described in the 'generic'
install page at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Installation, but do
I do this by hand (and if so, from where), or is there a better way for
FreeBSD? The instructions at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Running_MediaWiki_on_FreeBSD talk
about points involved in installing various extensions, but unless I'm
missing something, doesn't mention anything about what is necessary to
do between 'pkg_add' and restarting Apache. Since nothing obviously
related to MW has appeared in my web server directory after the MW
install, I'd assume I have to do _something_.

Thanks,
Ken