[Mediawiki-l] Make Wiki readable only for logged in users

Jimmy Collins Jimmy.Collins at web.de
Sat May 20 12:58:12 UTC 2006

You have to add your login page to the white list. See includes/DefaultSettings.php for more details:

# Pages anonymous user may see as an array, e.g.:
# array ( "Main Page", "Special:Userlogin", "Wikipedia:Help");
# NOTE: This will only work if $wgGroupPermissions['*']['read']
# is false -- see below. Otherwise, ALL pages are accessible,
# regardless of this setting.
# Also note that this will only protect _pages in the wiki_.
# Uploaded files will remain readable. Make your upload
# directory name unguessable, or use .htaccess to protect it.
$wgWhitelistRead = false;