[Mediawiki-l] Make Wiki readable only for logged in users

lists at vandenieuwenhof.nl lists at vandenieuwenhof.nl
Sat May 20 12:17:06 UTC 2006

I want to disable access to my wiki for non logged in users. I've read
this howto: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:User_rights but i have one
question.

Now i can't login, because i keep redirected to the 'you must be logged
in" page. In the howto it says that i should change the function
LoginToUse in includes/outputpage.php. Should i add the given code or
change the old code with the new?

I tried to add the code and to change the old code to the given code, but
both give me an error.

The howto says the following:

Main Page is not mandatory for this list. To avoid "login required"
redirect page, you can change includes/OuputPage.php loginToUse():

function loginToUse() {
    $titleObj = Title::makeTitle( NS_SPECIAL, "Userlogin" );
    $this->redirect( $titleObj->getFullURL() );
}

What should i do?