[Mediawiki-l] getParentCategoryTree()

a@kid a at kid632.org
Fri May 19 21:25:12 UTC 2006

Sorry, I pushed send on that last email a little too quickly ... i
should have dug a little deeper before posting here.

I now realize that getParentCategoryTree() is in fact retreiving the
data i expected. It looks like it is storing the tree in a
multidimensional array. Each parent category is stored in a key and
its value is an array of its own parent categories.

So my question is ...
Is there a built in mediawiki function that can take the results from
getParentCategoryTree() and produce a list or do i need to do this
manually?

And ... is getParentCategoryTree() the most efficient way (maybe it's
the only way?) to retrieve the category tree for an article?

thanks again