[Mediawiki-l] db error messages

a@kid a at kid632.org
Thu May 18 18:26:43 UTC 2006

Is there any reason to be concerned about having the db name and user
shown the the public?
Is there any way to stop it from being shown in the error message?

thanks again

Date: 2006-05-16 22:30:40 GMT (1 day, 18 hours and 37 minutes ago)
 > I haven't set $wgShowSQLErrors in LocalSettings.php and yet i am
 > still getting mysql error messages. Sometimes these include the name
 > of the database and the db user, other times they include a Backtrace
 > of the error.

That's normal. The actual query is suppressed by default, the message
is shown.

 > I need to investigate further, but the error messages may be only
 > coming from my own custom Special Pages.

You might want to fix those then. ;)

-- brion vibber (brion  <at>  pobox.com)