[Mediawiki-l] Error rebuilding recentchanges table

Jeff Lane jeffl at valvesoftware.com
Wed May 17 23:54:02 UTC 2006

I did a  Special:Import, the import was reported successful, and the
history for the pages look correct. I ran rebuildall.php. The index
built OK, but I got this error dump when it got to rebuilding the
recentchanges:

** Rebuilding recentchanges table:
A database error has occurred
Query: INSERT rev_timestamp 5000 INTO `mw_recentchanges`
(rc_timestamp,rc_cur_time,rc_user,rc_user_text,rc_namespace,rc_title,rc_
comment,rc_minor,rc_bot,rc_new,rc_cur_id,rc_this_oldid,rc_last_oldid,rc_
type) SELECT
rev_timestamp,rev_timestamp,rev_user,rev_user_text,page_namespace,page_t
itle,rev_comment,rev_minor_edit,0,page_is_new,page_id,rev_id,0,
IF(page_is_new != 0, 1, 0)  FROM `mw_page`,`mw_revision` WHERE
(rev_timestamp > 20060510233055) AND (rev_page=page_id)
Function: rebuildRecentChangesTablePass1
Error: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near '5000 INTO `mw_recentchanges` (rc_timestamp,rc_cur_time,rc_user,
(localhost)

Backtrace:
GlobalFunctions.php line 450 calls wfbacktrace()
Database.php line 397 calls wfdebugdiebacktrace()
Database.php line 347 calls databasemysql::reportqueryerror()
Database.php line 1268 calls databasemysql::query()
rebuildrecentchanges.inc line 43 calls databasemysql::insertselect()
rebuildall.php line 26 calls rebuildrecentchangestablepass1()

Any ideas? The main difference between this and my previous (successful)
imports and rebuilds is that I removed the <id> values from the XML
<page> and <revision> sections. This is on a 1.5.7 server.