[Mediawiki-l] Sigh, bulk image addition--so near and yet so far...

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Wed May 17 21:04:39 UTC 2006

Ken McDonald wrote:
> And, unfortunately, here is what I did in "rebuildImages.php":
>
>     function crawlMissing() {
>         global $wgUploadDirectory, $wgHashedUploadDirectory;
>         $wgHashedUploadDirectory = FALSE;

No, that'll just break everything. :)

1) Set that in your LocalSettings.php.

2) Put all your files into the images directory.

3) run rebuildImages.php --missing

4) cross fingers

> I get the feeling that if only I could tell rebuildImages where I
> _really_ want it to get the new images from, I could get this to work.

rebuildImages is meant to update the image table for image files that are
*already* in the proper location and directory layout.

It does not move files, as it expects them to already be in place.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)