[Mediawiki-l] Form question

Luis Mandel luismandel at gmail.com
Wed May 17 11:01:37 UTC 2006

Hi!
I have the following scenario:
At my futute wiki installation most of the input will follow a standard format.
For this format I wrote templates making life easier to my users.
I tested my wiki with some users and the feedback was that the use
of my tempates it is too complicated. They want for that information a
standard html form. Therefore I have to bring this possibility as well.

I 've started this task thinking that it should be easy to write an
extension which
displays the desidered form and behaves like the "normal" edition
form, i.e. warns if the user is not logged-in, performs the input at
the DB, etc.

I've got the form but while testing I've discovered that it is not
that trivial because mediawiki is making some verifications about the
HTTP_REFERER and so on.

Therefore my question is if there is a standard way (a action) which I
can call in order to save the values of my form?

If desired I can make a better description of the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Luis

--
Dr. Luis Mandel