[Mediawiki-l] $wgArticle->exists() on Special pages

a@kid a at kid632.org
Tue May 16 21:39:04 UTC 2006

I have some functions that i wrote that use $wgArticle->exists() to
determine whether a page exists. These functions are called by my
skin and are used to build the interface.

Since upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6.3 these functions return fatal errors
(Call to a member function exists() on a non-object) whenever they
are called from a Special Page. I am guessing that this because the
Special Page is not an article. However this worked fine in 1.5.

I can test for the Special namespace before using $wgArticle->exists
() to avoid getting errors but i'm curious ... Has something changed
between 1.5 and 1.6 that would change the behaviour of $wgArticle-
 >exists() on Special Pages?

I've looked through the release notes for 1.6 and couldn't see
anything that applied.

thanks