[Mediawiki-l] page ID value in imported XML files

Jeff Lane jeffl at valvesoftware.com
Tue May 16 04:04:36 UTC 2006

Does anyone know the importance (if any) for the <id>value</id> in XML
files imported into Mediawiki?

There's one under both <page> and <revision>. Since Mediawiki uses the
timestamp to pick which version of the page to use after the import,
does the <id>value</id> have any effect? In my tests it didn't seem to.
I just want to make sure before I do a large import of new pages. Since
these pages are new, they have no previous <id> other than what I set.

-Jeff