[Mediawiki-l] Batch addition of files to wiki site?

Todd Pederzani todd.pederzani at gmail.com
Mon May 15 04:09:54 UTC 2006

On 5/14/06, Ken McDonald <ken at pixologic.com> wrote:

> I have a bunch of Moin files I've converted to MW format. Is there any
> convenient way to batch upload them to our MW site? We have full access
> to the site, so we don't need an external "page-pusher" (i.e. spammer
> script :-) ), if we can simply get something that would take pages from
> an internal directory and put them into the wiki.

I haven't used it myself, but I think common practice on this list has been
to recommend use of the Python bot.  I see it has both an upload.py module
(for the images you mentioned in an earlier post) and a pagefromfile.py[1]
module.  I suspect you can use these or adapt them to your purpose, though
the latter will need some adaptation (or you'll need to create one giant
file from your separate files).

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Using_the_python_wikipediabot

--
Todd Pederzani