[Mediawiki-l] Structure of images directories? Want to batch upload images for site converted from MoinMoin

Ken McDonald ken at pixologic.com
Sat May 13 23:39:27 UTC 2006

I'm converting a Moin site, and would like to do a batch upload of the
images on that site (after appropriate name processing) so they are
available in the Image: namespace throughout the MW. However
investigation of the "images" directory shows a subdirectory that
although simple, is somewhat cryptic. Is there documentation available
as to what the end directory structure/naming needs to be for needs such
as this?

I'm hoping we can simply move in a directory of images to the server dir
structure, without have to do some sort of upload bot. I seem to recall
that MW images are not stored in the DB but in the images directory,
which makes me somewhat hopeful...

Thanks,
Ken