[Mediawiki-l] Updating mediawiki with hacked pages

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Fri May 12 17:56:40 UTC 2006

On 12/05/06, a at kid <a at kid632.org> wrote:
> "You can make a 'diff' between your modified version and the genuine
> mediawiki
> version you installed before any modification. "
>
> What do you mean by make a 'diff'?
> (sorry this is all new to me)

I found this fabulous little web site the other day where you can read
all about diff and deduce the meaning of the response.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diff

I think the respondent implied you could produce a file containing all
the differences you'd introduced, then see how this would conflict
with changes in the new version of the software.

Rob Church