[Mediawiki-l] simple integration (embedding) mediawiki (or another wiki engine?) into a website

matthieu.webdesign at free.fr matthieu.webdesign at free.fr
Wed May 10 11:34:31 UTC 2006

Hello,
I'm working on the new version of phpmyvisites.net and I'd like to
switch the documentation in a wiki (best solution for documenting open
source software, I think);

My problem is that I would like a good integration into my website
templates. I *only* want a good visual integration. This means I don't
want to share users permissions, etc. Only visual integration. The
problem is that my templates are not simple html, they contain variables
for each string (because the website is translated in english, and soon
in others langages).
nb : Iframe solution is not acceptable ;-)

I didn't see any recent message dealing with this issue on wiki, mailing
list, etc. I can't understand because it seems for me a very important
feature :-)

Is this possible ? How is it possible ?
I think one solution i imagine could be :
$m = new MediaWiki();
$m->main();
$content = $m->fetch();

And i print $content in my templates :-) (I know i'm dreaming but...)

If this is not easily possible with mediawiki, do you know another wiki
engine that allows this?

Thank you very much for your help,

Matt