[Mediawiki-l] Default text for a new category

Luis Mandel luismandel at gmail.com
Mon May 8 15:09:35 UTC 2006

Hi!
As far as I understood in order to add a page to a category a "tag" of the
form
[[Category:myCategory]] must be added.
This will generate a link to that category of the form:

             .../index.php/Category:myCategory

But if the category doesn't exist the link will be of the form:

            .../index.php?title=myCategory&action=edit

in order to edit and add some text to "myCategory"

I would like to know if it possible to avoid this last behaviour. I mean,
when a category is required either
a default text is generated for that category or directly o link of the form
.../index.php/Category:myCategory
is generated.

Thanks in advance,

Luis