[Mediawiki-l] Best strategy to populate User data from Single Sign On?

Lane, Ryan laner at NAVO.NAVY.MIL
Mon May 8 14:10:30 UTC 2006

> According to the author of my AutoLogin script,
> "Several routines from AuthPlugin must be overridden for correct operation
> to occur....   ...*userExists()* must return *true* always. The method is
> misleading. It's only called by MediaWiki in determining whether the user
> exists in the security context, not whether the user is in the MediaWiki
> database. "
> cite http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Otheus/Auto_Login_via_REMOTE_USER
>
> Am I missing something, or is these statements conflicting?
>
> Should I place the test for 'does string exist in any username' in
> userExists() to prevent a new username initialization/creation?
>
> Thx
> Brian

It looks like you'll need to change the hook for this plugin. You'll
probably want to modify it after the block that begins with:

    if ($u->getId() != 0) {

You may want to see if the author of the plugin will do it for you since you
aren't a coder. Especially since authentication probably isn't a spot you
want to get wrong.

V/r,

Ryan Lane