[Mediawiki-l] I click preview or save, the browser waits forever

Abe Pazos hamoid at gmail.com
Sat May 6 12:12:33 UTC 2006

Hello everyone, this is my first post here...

I have searched lists, wikis and forums, but haven't found
anything yet.

My wiki is installed in Dreamhost (shared hosting), using
CGI mode.

It's private, only for two people to share info.

When I start editing a text each day, everything goes
fine for about 10 previews. Then the server stops
responding when I click Save or Preview.

It's weird, because it gives no error. No 404, no nothing.
The browser activity icon spins in the corner for... half hour?

But I can still browse the pages quickly, no problem.

Maybe it's some database locking issue?
Is there some default limitation for editing too often?

If I wait until next day it seems to work again.

I just installed 1.6.5, but since it's already locked today
I see no change yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Abe Pazos