[Mediawiki-l] mediawiki upgrade SQL errors

Greg Rodenhiser grodenhi at gmail.com
Fri May 5 16:29:00 UTC 2006

I am attempting to upgrade Mediawiki 1.5.2 to 1.6.5 but am hitting some
issues in the upgrade.php step.  Below is the steps I followed:

1.) Backup EVERYTHING
2.) Copy new Mediwiki 1.6.5 on top of Mediawiki 1.5.2 (preserving
LocalSettings.php, AdminSettings.php, images, and extensions.
3.) Ensure AdminSettings.php file is set correctly
4.) cd in maintenance directory
5.) run php update.php

It starts out okay, sees all my wiki tables, and then gives this error and
dies:
ERROR 1005 (HY000): Can't create table 'wiki_transcache' (errno: 13)

I set my AdminSettings.php to be the MySQL admin login.  If I run the same
SQL from mysql> prompt (not via the script) it also gives the same error.
Not being very fluent in MySQL, this tells me that somehow both my MySQL
admin account, and the account that Mediawiki logs in MySQL as lost CREATE
privilleges on my databse.  Can someone confirm?  If so, how do I put them
back?  Thanks in advance!!