[Mediawiki-l] Set User Preference jump-to-nav

Brian Carpenter hopespoppa at gmail.com
Fri May 5 16:07:36 UTC 2006

Haven't been able to find related info via google search or meta...

I would like to make the default setting for the User Prefererence
'Enable "jump to" accessibility links' = False.

If this can't be done, I would like to set the User Preference to false
from within the inituser function of my auto-login script,
(see full code at)
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Otheus/Auto_Login_via_REMOTE_USER/code

Other user options are set in this script using
$user->setOption('enotifrevealaddr',
1);  so I added the line:

$user->setOption('showjumplinks', 0);

but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

Until this is figured out I'm implemented a workaround by adding the
the following lines to main.css

#jump-to-nav {.
     display: none;

But this will confuse users who see/set the Preference in User Preferences.

Thanks again,