[Mediawiki-l] content associated with login after backup/restore

mediawiki.org at moniker.net mediawiki.org at moniker.net
Fri May 5 05:05:49 UTC 2006

Hi -

I've just restored a mediawiki database from a couple of months ago,
using these instructions:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Database_dump_and_restore_examples

It seems to have worked but for one wierd thing.

One page serves up content as it was a couple of months ago, but
*only* if I'm logged in to mediawiki.  If I visit the page without
logging in, I see the latest and greatest as per the page's revision
history.

I've tried deleting cookies and logging in again, but that doesn't
help.  I've created a new user and this new user sees the same content
as you see without logging in.  It's as if mediawiki has decided that
it's going to show this specific user a specific version of this page.

Any suggestions on what could be happening or how to fix?

Thanks!

L.