[Mediawiki-l] Bug in MW1.6.3 in HTML TABLES included in Wiki text

Hans Voss hans.voss at gmail.com
Wed May 3 08:06:44 UTC 2006

Hi All,

HTML < /TABLE > tags. (1.6.0 had it, 1.6.3 still has it, not up to
implementing 1.6.5 yet)

Situation
I have several pages (including some templates) that use HTML table
definitions, because (at the time?) I couldn't get the proper nested tables
working with Wiki markup.
So whenever I required nested tables I used HTML < TABLE > etc. tags

What happens
Now it when I view those pages (even after an edit/save cycle) I actually
see the < /TABLE > HTML tag in the Wiki output and the table doesn't get
closed (everything after the closing tag still ends up in the table).

Am I forgetting to insert an option somewhere or do I now need to include
those close tags in the 'allowed HTML' code somewhere?

BTW: I don't mind a small bit of hacking to the PHP code, I already did that
to allow me to use some more JavaScript.
(Yeah, yeah I know, but it is my personal wiki, looking on 'localhost'
only).

--
----
Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards