[Mediawiki-l] wiki response time too long

L K royliuk at hotmail.com
Mon May 1 17:30:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

We have installed the wiki page on one linux server, and the database on
another windows machine. Everytime the wiki needs to retrieve contents from
the remote database. The response time is tooooo long, we can't bear with
it anymore.

I noticed there are some softwares for php caching. However, we don't have
administrator's rights on the linux server. Is there any other caching
program that can be installed by a regular user?

Thanks
Roy