[Mediawiki-l] Execute specific PHP code within article, how to?

Michael Krefft mk at michaelkrefft.com
Fri Mar 31 20:56:33 UTC 2006

Hi!

I would like to create a Mediawiki tag that allows me to run PHP code
within an article. I've seen an extension that allows execution of
arbitrary code, but that seems too dangerous to me.
It should be from a specific file only, e.g. "/somefolder/somestuff.php"
which gets called via {{somestuff|foo}}  , being "foo" a value which is
used by a function in somestuff.php

I'm sure this would allow many interesting modifications, customizations
and enhancements for MediaWiki.

Can this be done with an extension? How?

Cheers to all!