[Mediawiki-l] Special:Statistics Calculation

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 17:31:57 UTC 2006

On 3/31/06, Rob Church <robchur at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31/03/06, Tim Doyle <tim at greenscourt.com> wrote:
> > Is there any way to get the calculation of 'good' articles to include these custom namespaces?
>
> Hack the code. At present, an "article" is a page in the main
> namespace which contains at least one internal link and isn't a
> redirect. You'll need to alter the edit form, or wherever it is that
> this decision is made as the site_stats table is updated.

The code in Article.php (at least in 1.4.x)  seems to be what's doing this.

Theres a member function called isCountable which checks for the
namespace, a redirect and then for either at least 1 "[[" or "," in
the article text.

However, I'm not sure that there isn't a bug somewhere.  I looked at
the "dead end pages" which seems to find articles without an internal
link.  I then picked one and added a link, saved it, and then
refreshed a view of Special:Statistics, and it didn't change.  I
expected the number of "good" pages to go up by one.

The maintenance directory has a recount.sql which seems to update the
count, but there's no php file there which accesses site_statistics,
should there be?  Maybe this is in 1.5 or later?

--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site
http://www.mercuryspacecraft.com/