[Mediawiki-l] Release time (roadmap) of 1.6?

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Fri Mar 31 02:08:22 UTC 2006

Kent S. Larsen II wrote:
> I'm in the same situation as Jeff. Could you clarify this a little?
>
> It sounds like you are saying that the 1.6.0 update will update either
> 1.4.X or 1.5.X? I can go from 1.4.X to 1.6 in one step?

In theory any versioned release of MediaWiki since 1.2.x should be able to
upgrade cleanly from any earlier release since 1.2.x; the updater applies
various updates more or less in sequence depending on what is found to be missing.

In practice sometimes there are bugs. :)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)