[Mediawiki-l] Release time (roadmap) of 1.6?

Kent S. Larsen II kent at lusobraz.com
Fri Mar 31 01:23:28 UTC 2006

At 12:26 PM -0800 3/29/06, you wrote:

>Jeff Lane wrote:
>> Thank you for the heads up on the release Brion. We're about to do a
>> 1.4.12 to 1.5.8 upgrade, so it's nice to be aware of this imminent
>> release.
>>
>> Could you possibly give a rough idea of the issues (if any) we might run
>> into going from a 1.5.8 to 1.6.0 upgrade? This might influence our
>> decision to delay our 1.5.8 upgrade and go direct to 1.6.0. The current
>> Upgrading help page only addresses 1.5.x and below.
>
>Moving from 1.5 to 1.6 should be pretty smooth; the database changes are
>relatively minor.
>
>1.4 to 1.5 is a big change, so test that offline first if you're able.

I'm in the same situation as Jeff. Could you clarify this a little?

It sounds like you are saying that the 1.6.0 update will update either
1.4.X or 1.5.X? I can go from 1.4.X to 1.6 in one step?

Or will I have to go through the install process to go from 1.4.X to 1.5.X
and then go through the install process to go to 1.6.0?

Kent